Thursday, July 23, 2015

How to Follow Jesus

Description of Illustration: Rembrandt's painting of Jesus, three illustrated "call-outs" for the life principles taught by Jesus in Matthew 16, Mark 8 and Luke 9.

"If you wish to follow me, you must first put aside your own desires."
Resist your own desires. Galatians 5:16-18 The War Within: Flesh Vs. Spirit
"If you wish to follow me, you must first put aside your own desires and your self-centered ways. Sacrifice your pride and follow me. Those who desire eternal life must put aside their old way of life. All who do this for my sake will discover new life – both here on earth as well as in heaven." (theWords)

Matthew 16: 24-26 "Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? " (NIV)

"Those who desire eternal life must put aside their old way of life."
Put off the old man. Put on the new man. Colossians 3
 Mark 8: 34-37 "Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

"All who do this for my sake will discover new life"
There are rich rewards for those who will deny themselves.
Luke 9: 23-25 "Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?"

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Kathy; the web needs more excellent Christian clip art like this!

    ReplyDelete

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!