Sunday, August 29, 2021

To Glorify My God

TO GLORIFY MY GOD

To Glorify my God, no lesser aim
My God-given life and powers shall henceforth claim;
My body, soul, and spirit, Lord, are Thine;
The joy to give them back to Thee be mine.

His Father's glory Jesus ever sought;
To do His work and will His only thought;
About His Father's business He must be:
Lord, may Thy business be as much to me.

How best can I my Father glorify?
Naught can be added to His majesty;
But I can let His glory through me shine
And shed on all around His light divine.

And like the legend that they tell of one
Who sought to build a temple to the sun,
And reared the chiseled stone and burnished gold,
But still the splendid walls were dark and cold,

Until another architect appeared;
A temple of transparent glass he reared;
And lo, the sun came down his work to own,
And with his glory through the temple shone;

So let my soul be flooded with Thy light;
So let my heart be open to Thy sight;
So glorify Thyself, O Lord, in me,
Till all my being answers, Lord, to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!