Sunday, August 29, 2021

The New Life

 THE NEW LIFE

Life's crisis has been passed,
And I have come at last
Into the Promised Land of Peace and Rest;
The crisis hour is o'er
And now forevermore
I'm dwelling in God's blessing and God's best.

It came, I know not how,
But this I know, that now
My life has found a new and nobler plane;
Something has passed away,
Something has come to stay,
And I can never be the same again.

The change is not in me,
Rather, it seems that He
Has come Himself to live His life in mine;
And as I stepped aside
And took Him to abide,
He came and filled me with His life divine.

I came to Jordan's flood,
And as with Him I stood,
The Heavenly Dove upon my spirit came;
Just how I cannot tell,
But this I know full well
That life henceforth can never mean the same.

And yet it brings no strain,
But hand, and heart, and brain
Move on with all the old simplicity;
I do not have to try
For it is no more I
But Christ who thinks, and lives, and moves in me.

The testing hours have come,
In flesh, and heart, and home,
But He was near my every load to share.
New tasks have called me on,
New victories have been won,
But through the cloud and sunshine He was there.

No more I doubt or fear,
The way shines bright and clear,
And One who ne'er can fail is leading on;
He will not let me stray
But lead me all the way
Until the fight is fought, the crown is won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!