Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Heart Cry

A Heart Cry
It is thy hand, my God !
My sorrow comes from thee;
I bow beneath thy chastening rod,
'Tis love that bruises me.

I would not murmur, Lord,
Before thee I am dumb:
Lest I should breathe one murmuring word,
To thee for help I come.

My God! thy name is Love,
A Father's hand is thine;
With tearful eye, I look above,
And cry, " Thy will be mine!"

I know thy will is right,
Though it may seem severe;
Thy path is still unclouded light,
Though dark it may appear.

Jesus for me hath died;
Thy Son thou didst not spare;
His pierced hands, his bleeding side,
Thy love for me declare.

Here my poor heart can rest;
My God! it clings to thee;
Thy will is love, thine end is blest,
All work for good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!