Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Prepare The Way

 PREPARE THE WAY.

Bring evergreen and cedar bough,
Fresh gathered from the mountain brow;
Bring holly branch and berries red
To strew upon the path He'll tread;
He's sure to come in by and bye,
Unseen, perchance, by mortal eye,
But if we'll listen, as we pray,
We'll hear His sweet voice softly say,
"Lo, Jesus comes your soul to save,
To overcome death and the grave;
To cheer your hearts and calm your fears,
To give you blessings, wipe your tears;
To rescue all from sin and strife
To purchase you eternal life.

'Tis well you greet my natal day
With emblems green in bright display;
I'm glad my footsteps hither came,
I'm glad to meet here, poor and lame, 
These little ones, the aged too,
Whom you have bid to share with you
This festival of joy and mirth,
You have prepared to greet my birth:
For this you've done for me in love,
I'll share with you my home above."
And then so silently He'll go,
He'll leave no footprint on the snow,
But on our hearts He'll leave a trace
Of His sweet peace and loving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!