Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Knocking at the Door

Knocking at the Door.

Behold a stranger standing
Just outside a close barred door;
He's weary with his waiting,
But he will not give it o'er.
He knocks and as he's knocking,
He lifts his heavenly voice,
"Ope the door and let me enter-
I will make your heart rejoice."

I hear his soft voice calling,
Ever calling at the door,
"I'm knocking, sinner, knocking,
As I've often knocked before.
Just ope the door a moment,-
Long enough to let me in, -
And I'll dwell with you forever,
And cleanse you from all sin."

Christ is knocking, gently knocking,
Ever knocking at my heart;
I'll gladly bin him enter,
I will ask him not depart.
Welcome! welcome! blessed Stranger,
Come and sup with me -
Fulfill thy gracious promise, Lord,
And let me sup with thee.

So we'll ever sup together,
This blessed Friend and I;
And if I ever hunger,
He can hear my faintest cry,
And when my warfare's over here
I'll share his heav'nly bliss.
Oh, who could ever bar the door
'Gainst such a friend as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!