Tuesday, January 19, 2016

God's Colorful Congregation

"How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!" Psalm 133:1 (NIV)

Description of the illustration: church members, diversity, patterns, hand drawing, 

       My father loved to draw and he created a series of drawings for my web collection here before he died. He was a man who knew many sorrows in this life. He left his small congregation in Mississippi because they asked him to leave. He had radical ideas about people of all races worshiping together. This all happened before I was born. I grew up knowing my dad as a history professor, not a leader of a congregation. Even though he was ostracized by his flock, he forgave freely and raised my brothers and myself without resentment against the church or her members. He wanted to see this little publishing ministry reach far and wide across the country and across the sea. I hope that it grows bigger than either of our personal expectations.

A larger version for printing in hardcopy.
Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!