Monday, June 29, 2015

Quotes/Poems by Robert Louis Stevenson

"If I have faltered more or less
In my great task of happiness
If I have moved among my race
And shown no glorious morning face
If beams from happy human eyes
Have moved me not if morning skies
Books, and my food, and summer rain
Knocked on my sullen heart in vain
Lord Thy most pointed pleasure take
And stab my spirit broad awake"

Give us courage and gaiety and the quiet mind.
Spare us to our friends, soften us to our enemies
Bless us, if it may be, in all our innocent endeavors
And if we find but one to whom we can speak out our heart freely,
with whom we can walk in love and simplicity without dissmulation,
we have no ground of quarrel with the world or God.
A Morning Prayer
The day returns and brings us the petty round of irritating
concerns and duties. Help us to play the man, help us to perform
them with laughter and kind faces; let cheerfulness abound with
industry. give us to go blithely on our business all this day,
bring us to our resting beds weary and content and undishonored;
and grant us in the end the gift of sleep. Amen.
Of what shall a man be proud
If he is not proud of his friends?
Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come,
that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation,
temperate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune,
and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving
one to another.
Description of Illustration: little illuminated quotes and prayers by Robert Louis Stevenson in blue, black and beige

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!