Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Divinity

 Divinity 

All things are mine; to all things I belong: 
I mingle in them--heeding bounds nor 
bars-- 
Float in the cloud, melt in the river's song; 
In the clear wave from rock to rock I 
leap. 
Widen away, and slowly onward creep; 
I stretch forth glimmering hands beneath 
the stars 
And lose my little murmur in the deep. 

Yea, more than that: whatever I behold-- 
Dark forest, mountain, the o'erarching 
wheel 
Of heaven's solemn turning, all the old 
Immeasurable air and boundless sea-- 
Yields of its life, builds life and strength 
in me 
For tasks to come, while I but see and feel, 
And merely am, and it is joy to be. 

Lo, that small spark within us is not blind 
To its beginning; struck from one vast  
soul 
Which, in the framework of the world, doth 
bind 
All parts together; small, but still agree- 
ing 
With That which molded us without our 
seeing; 
Since God is all, and all in all--the Whole 
In whom we live and move and have 
our being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.