Thursday, July 20, 2017

Annunciations of Jesus and Virgin's Visit With St. Elizabeth: Holly and Bell



Description of the illustration: Christmas bell, Advent bell, holly trim for a bell, red ribbon, scripture from The Gospel of Luke, transparent background

"Later on, Mary set out for a Judean city in the hill country. she went into Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting , the baby jumped in her womb. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she loudly exclaimed, 'How blessed are you among women, and how blessed is the infant in your womb! Why should this happen to me, to have the mother of my Lord visit me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. How blessed is this woman for believing that what was spoken to her by the Lord would be fulfilled!" Then Mary said, "My soul praises the greatness the greatness of the Lord! My spirit exults in God, my Savior, because he has looked favorably on his humble servant. From now on, all generations will call be blessed, because the Almighty has done great things for me. His name is holy. His mercy lasts from generation to generation for those who fear him. He displayed his mighty power with his arm. He scattered people who were proud in mind and heart. He pulled powerful rulers from their thrones and lifted up humble people. He filled hungry people with good things and sent rich people away with nothing. He helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful, according to the promise he made to our ancestors -  to Abraham and his descendants forever." Now Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back home." Luke 1:39-56

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!