Thursday, May 4, 2017

Job faces his accusers...

Description of Illustration: black and white etching by William Blake of Job, his friends and wife, based upon the scriptures Job 23:10, Job 12:4, Job 14:1-3

"But he knoweth the way that I take
 when he hath tried me I shall come forth like gold
 Have pity upon me. Have pity upon me. O ye my friends
 for the hand of God hath touched me 
Though he slay me yet will I trust in him.

The Just Upright Man is laughed to scorn
Man that is born of a Woman is of few days & full of trouble
he cometh up like a flower & is cut down he fleeth also as a shadow
& continueth not. And dost thou open thine eyes upon such a one
& bringest me into judgement with thee.

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!