Thursday, July 7, 2016

Old and New Wineskins

 
Description of Illustration: restored black and white photo of a man carrying a wineskin on his back, animal flesh turned into a bottle, burden, three scriptures with this image

"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined." Luke 5:37

"I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119:16

"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Hebrews 10:16

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject, folks.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Jerry Wescott. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. I also am a Christian, a teacher, and an artist. I draw on large sheets of paper with chalk while speaking for the Lord. I was trained as a pastor, but I've always been an artist, and I do better with chalk art than I ever did with anything else. I was looking around the web for an image of a wineskin to accompany a message on the new cloth and new wine. I came upon your restored photograph of the man carrying a large wineskin and I'm hoping to discover when the original was taken, and where and of whom. Would you tell me more about the photo please, and might you also send me a larger copy?
    Thanking you in advance,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clip art here was adapted from a photograph in the public domain. The photographer was not identified and it is the only size I have available. However, you may adapt it for your ministry. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found this figure just by happenstance in another collection. Wow. Now I can tell you that the photograph belonged to Andrew Edward Breen, 1906.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!