Friday, September 4, 2015

Psalm 2

  
Click directly on each image to down-
load the largest available size.
Description of Illumination: The second full chapter of Psalms from the 1900 King James Bible,  comes in three color combinations: blue/pale blue, red/pink, and tan/beige, originally printed in an Anglican Psalter

Why do the heathen so furiously rage together: & why do the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth stand up, and the rulers take counsel together; against the Lord,  and against his Anointed. 3 Let us break their bonds asunder: & cast away their cords from us. 4 He that dwelleth in heaven shall laugh them to scorn: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath: and vex them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set my King: upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will preach the law, whereof the Lord hath said unto me: Thou are my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 8 Desire of me, & I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance: and the utmost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt bruise them with a rod of iron: and break them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be learned, ye that are judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord in fear: and rejoice unto him with reverence. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and so ye perish from the right way: if his wrath be kindled, (yea, but a little,) blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.
The same full Chapter, Psalm 2, comes in red and beige.
Above is the cross reference for Psalm 2:12, Revelation 6:16, with a white background.
Cross reference for Psalm 2:8. Both references from the NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!