Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The I AM Statements of Jesus From the New Testament

"Then the leading priests objected and said to Pilate, "Change it from 'The King of the Jews' to 'He said, I am King of the Jews.'" John 19:21 (King's throne anointed and eternal: Psalm 45: 6-7 and Daniel 2:44 Jesus rejected by his own people: Psalm 69:8 and Isaiah 53:3 Messiah called a King: Psalm 2:6 and Zechariah 9:9 Heir to King David's throne: 2 Samuel 7:12-13 and Isaiah 9:7) (the Genealogy of the Messiah and here,
Description of Illumination: illuminated "I" for the I AM statements of Jesus, the term "I AM" is the name Jehovah gives to himself in the Old Testament; it is very significant that Jesus refers to himself as the I AM.  The "I" initial has scrolling ivy and leaf pattern in red, blue, green, orange and white with a gilded background. All scriptures on this post have transparent backgrounds.
 
Have a question about the illustration? Just type it in the comment box and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I only publish content that is closely related to the subject folks.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. 
He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. NLV.
(Messiah resurrects: Psalm 16:10 and Psalm 49:15 then He ascends Psalm 24:7-10) 
(Old Testament scripture prophesy death and resurrection of Jesus)
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
 (Messiah is the sacrifice: Isaiah 53:5-12 Jesus Son of God: Psalm 2:7)
(The Way, and the Truth, and the Life of Eschatological Torah in John 14:6)
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser." (ESV) 
 (Israel as a vine planted by God: Isaiah 5:1-7) 
(Five works of the vinedresser part one)
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread
 he will live forever. The bread that I will give for the life of the
world is My flesh." (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
(Jesus' Reference to the Old Testament Scriptures by jewishroots.net)
"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will
 go in and out and find pasture." (ESV) Other translations use "gate" instead of door.
(Discussing the Names of Jesus - The Door)
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11 (NIV)
(The Good Shepherd images in the Old Testament)
And he said, Who are you, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus
whom you persecute: it is hard for you to kick against the goads.
" (King James 2000)
(The expression "kick against the goads"
was a reference to a farming technique used among many
people of Jesus time on Earth, Pastor Swindoll explains it further here.)
"I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob.' Moses trembled with fear and did not dare to look." Acts 7:32 (NIV)
(God of Abraham: Genesis 12:3 and Genesis 22:18 God of Isaac: 
Genesis 17:19 and Genesis 21:12 God of Jacob: Numbers 24:17) 
(The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - Faith, Hope and Love)
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 (NIV)
(Messiah brings light to the world: Isaiah 9:1-2 Messiah is the sacrifice for sin: Isaiah 53:5-12) 
(The Word (Jesus) of God is Living and Active in the lives of people today and yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments are appreciated. All comments are moderated and do not immediately appear after publishing. Thanks and have a nice day!